A majority of your Linksys router settings can be accessed from the online web management interface. This interface is a page where you can check your router’s local IP address as well. Linksys router login IP is a piece of information which can be made public depending upon your individual requirements.
Sometimes, out of curiosity or need, you can access the Linksys router login page using the IP or the local web address. If the web address doesn’t seem to work, the only way around is the IP address.
Linksys Router Login IP
The first step to accessing the online web portal is checking your Linksys Router Login IP address. Unless the same is changed, the default IP address will remain 192.168.1.1 or you can also use 192.168.0.1. If you are unable to access the router page, you can follow the steps as mentioned below to identify the correct local IP address.
Now in order to check your Linksys router login password, you can use a computer that is connected to your router. You can use an Ethernet cable or a Wi-Fi network connection to connect.
If you are going to use a wired connection, make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected properly. You can make sure the devices are connected by checking the light indicators on the router device.
- On a Windows computer, open command prompt and type “ipconfig/all” and press Enter.
- On the next screen that appears, look for the Default Gateway under the Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection.
- In case you are using a wireless connection, you can check Default Gateway under Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection.
- This Default Gateway is your IP for login to Linksys smart wifi.
Linksys router login on macOS can be done using the following steps:
- Click on the Apple icon and select the System Preferences option.
- Click on Network and then WiFi and go to the advanced tab.
- On the next screen that appears, click on the TCP/IP tab.
- The router’s IP address will be displayed to you next to the router section.
If you are connected using an Ethernet connection, you can click on the Ethernet button on the Network page. You will find the router IP address mentioned therein.
The final word
If you have been looking for ways to login to Linksys smart wifi, the above steps can help you find the true and the default Linksys Smart Wi-Fi login IP address.